Monday, September 2, 2013

Ready-bagged trash day

I bus to work as often as possible, parking at a local park and ride.  Which park and ride I choose depends on where I plan to end up after work and (more usually) how late in the morning it is – the most direct commuter buses don’t tend to run past 8 AM weekdays.

Park and ride lots are hotspots for street trash – and I’m not talking about the disenfranchised youth of our fair city.  I’m talking about discarded advertising postcards from peoples’ windows, coffee cups that fell or were tossed from commuters’ cars, windblown newspapers, too many cigarette butts to count (more on that in a future post!), and a surprising number of lost or discarded articles of clothing.


Imagine my surprise when I stopped to pick up what looked like a big wad of trash, only to discover that it was already conveniently bagged.  It looks like somebody took the time to bag up the trash from their car, put that bag inside another bag… and then somehow the whole mess wound up in the planted island between parking rows, instead of the rubbish bin where it belonged.  All I can say is, somebody meant well.


No comments:

Post a Comment